The Law of Retrenchment & Termination
- August 4, 2020
- E-Learning (2 hours)
The programme covers all the legal and human aspects of planning and executing retrenchments. Principles made through Industrial Court decisions will be shared in the programme. Some retrenchments were declared not genuine while others were found to be genuine. While the focus is on those who are covered under the Employment Act 1955, the programme also covers those who are outside its scope. The basic principles of genuine retrenchment apply to all employees under the Industrial Relations Act 1967 and in the Industrial Court.
This training course is to:
- Understand the difference between retrenchment and termination
- Identify who can be retrenched or laid-off and paid retrenchment benefits
- Calculate the quantum of retrenchment / lay-off benefits
- Calculate the right amount of monthly salary for retrenched employees
- Know both the legal and soft approaches in handling retrenchments / lay-offs
- Manage dismissals and resignations during retrenchment / lay-offs
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for:
HR personnel, Employee and Employer.
Complete the Registration Form and fax or email for reservation. All registrations will be confirmed ONE WEEK before the commencement of the course.
Ms.Shima / Ms.Wendy / Ms.Heng
(Tel: 03-6241 5211/ 016-226 4799/ 016-229 8995)
(Whatsapp: 016-226 4799/ 016-229 8995)
Thanks for your submission. Our team will response to you shortly.