Sewage & Effluent Treatment Processes – Practical Experiments on Wastewater Characteristics
- April 14 – 16, 2020
- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- UPM, Serdang
Awarded 18 CDP by Doe-EiMAS
Ideally each receiving body of water need to limit the amount of pollutants it can receive without causing much degradation of the water body. Each sewage treatment plant must discharge effluent BOD5, suspended solids, coliform bacteria and other pollutants below the allowable levels. Wastewater Treatment System is compulsory and standard feature for a modern city and necessary to form an integral sewerage infrastructure system to achieve sustainable development as well as protect its limited water resources and to protect public health and the environment.
The course program implemented by EiMAS focuses on the optimizing efficiency in sewage wastewater treatment and management system. This course includes 1-day theory in the understanding of fundamental concepts of sewage treatment and design consideration and 2 days hands on training for industries. The hands-on training focus on wastewater performance monitoring and optimization, process control and statistical data analysis using computer software and sewage engineering laboratory hence the participants can optimally operate the wastewater system.
This training course is to:
- To describe important design consideration for wastewater treatment to meet present day challenges.
- To describe major components used for wastewater treatment plant.
- To design preliminary treatment processes for wastewater discharge from municipal sources.
- To design secondary treatment processes to achieve compliance with the effluent discharge standard.
- To develop options for sludge handling and treatment in a wastewater treatment plant.
- To apply advanced treatment processes for effluent polishing including nutrient removal.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for:
- Industry staff responsible for environmental compliance of the Sewage Regulations 2009
- STS operators and supervisors;
- Industry personnel responsible for sewerage treatment operation in industrial premises;
- Technical staff of sewerage treatment service providers providing services to clients (such as rest areas and commercial establishments)
- Technical staff charge of sewerage treatment operation in hotels, resorts, supermarkets, etc.;
- Environmental compliance officers.
Complete the Registration Form and fax or email for reservation. All registrations will be confirmed ONE WEEK before the commencement of the course.
Ms.Shima / Ms.Wendy / Ms.Heng
(Tel: 03-6241 5211/ 016-226 4799/ 016-229 8995)
(Whatsapp: 016-226 4799/ 016-229 8995)
Thanks for your submission. Our team will response to you shortly.